Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cosy Knits (Literally)

1. What is your website?

http://cosymakes.com

2. Your ravelry.com username?

cosymakes


3. What do you make?

I design patterns and make kits for my designs using hand dyed, handspun and commercial yarns. I hand dye and handspin yarns from localish farms and from the falkland islands. I hand dyed wool top for spinners also, including kits for making my striping yarns.


4. How did you get into making stuff?

A friend of mine knit and I wanted to learn so I taught myself. Then I moved to British Columbia and found my local wool shop to have spinning and dyeing classes. Then someone approached me over flickr about writing a book and I've been doing all of this ever since.

5. What is your favorite thing about the local fiber community?

I like how the local fiber community brings me back to the earth, how it grounds me back into what is real and good and woolie.

6. How does what you do/make influence the rest of your life, and vice versa?

This one is funny. What I do is my life. It's where my abundance of creativity goes. It's what I think about all the time. It is the good work that I've been given to do on this earth. I make.


7. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?

I have a Masters in Christian Studies in Theology and the Arts - and my final arts project was a gallery full of handknits

No comments: