Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Serendipitous Ewe

1. What is your website? www.serendipitousewe.com


2. Your ravelry.com username? AngMac

3. What do you make? Hand-dyed yarn and fiber, Handcrafted Spindles, Retro Video Game Sock Club

4. How did you get into making stuff? I have always had a passion for fiber. At an early age, my grandmother taught me to crochet and we would spend the summers crocheting afghans. In 2006, I taught myself how to knit and resparked my passion in working with fiber. In August 2008, I decided to take my passion for yarn and fiber and turn it into an expression my love of the colors found in nature. I started by doing custom dye jobs for friends and branched out into local fiber shows.


5. What is your favorite thing about the local fiber community? It is amazing to be part of a community that brings creative energy and color to the world.

6. How does what you do/make influence the rest of your life, and vice versa? Being a stay-at-home mom to 3 boys under 5 is rewarding but also challenging and very busy. Dyeing fiber and yarn is my time to relax. I feel very refreshed after creating new colorways and working with yarn and fiber. It truly is my serenity.


7. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business? Maximize the serendipity around you.

No comments: