Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Neighborhood Fiber Co.

1. What is your website?
Website
Twitter
Facebook page

2. Your Ravelry username?
karida

Neighborhood Fiber Company


3. What do you make?
hand-dyed yarns, patterns and kits

4. How did you get into making stuff?
My best friend taught me to knit after college and opened up the whole world of crafting to me.

Neighborhood Fiber Company


5. What is your favorite thing about the local fiber community?
I love how rich and diverse it is. There are so many people in DC/MD/VA area who are being creative and making stuff! It's really a great source of inspiration for me.

6. How does what you do/make influence the rest of your life, and vice versa?
Being the only non-lawyer in my immediate family, I tend to always feel a bit different. Doing something that I love, making yarn, helps me feel free to bask in my difference. Also, it's nice to have a job where I can have tattoos and funny hair!

Neighborhood Fiber Company


7. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
My business has moved from DC to MD to OH and now back to MD. I'm in Baltimore now and I finally feel like I'm somewhere permanent.

No comments: