Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dragonfly Fibers

1. What is your website?
Etsy Shop
Blog!

2. Your Ravelry username?
dragonflyfibers

Dragonfly Fibers


3. What do you make?
I make artisan-dyed yarn and spinning fiber in deep rich and sometimes shockingly bright colors. I will also have Trindles at HYP, and perhaps some handspun.

4. How did you get into making stuff?
I started off learning to sew, so I could quilt. Then I decided that I wanted to make the fabric itself, and began knitting, then spinning, and then dyeing fiber. Last year, I learned to do rug hooking at MD Sheep and wool festival. This year, I plan to learn crochet very soon, and am fascinated with making small rugs crocheted with strips of re-purposed fabric.

Dragonfly Fibers


5. What is your favorite thing about the local fiber community?
The people, of course, and the beautiful work they do!

6. How does what you do/make influence the rest of your life, and vice versa?
My family will say that my yarn and fiber cover every inch of our homeJ Seriously, I have been privileged to dye yarn full-time since June and am living my dream. I never considered myself to be an entrepreneurial type, but I am learning more now than at any other point, and enjoying it more. I love that my kids can be involved and that they see what can be possible.

Dragonfly Fibers


7. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
To get me to protect myself better when kettle-dyeing, my husband gave me Kevlar sleeves and mechanics gloves for Christmas! Best present of the season!

No comments: