Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Gnome Garden

1. What is your website?
Website
Etsy Shop

2. Your Ravelry username?
gnomegarden

Gnome Garden


3. What do you make?
I make hand dyed fibers for spinning and crafting and hand spun yarns

4. How did you get into making stuff?
Always been a chronic crafter. My sister taught me to knit maybe 10 years ago, and I slid down the slippery slope into fiber arts soon after. I love it so much and am sort of panicked if I don't have something yarny or crafty going at all times.

Gnome Garden


5. What is your favorite thing about the local fiber community?
I love the festivals and the friendliness of the fiber people. It is a very generous community.

6. How does what you do/make influence the rest of your life, and vice versa?
Well, there are a lot of sparkles flying about our house....

I love sharing the love of fibery pursuits with people. Especially teaching kids to knit.

Gnome Garden


7. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
Hmmn, well many of life's mysteries can be solved with a little Pee-Wee Herman.

As he so sagely said--"The mind plays tricks on you. You play tricks back! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..." That quote can help explain the unexplainable in a pinch.

Ive been making some "worry yarns" inspired by my girls. We've had a bit of hard-life happenings lately, and my youngest is a big fan of telling her worry dolls about her troubles before bed. Then she spreads them out on her pillow and goes to sleep. When she wakes up they are all tangled up in her hair. I thought that was a really great look and also a nice image to make yarn that turns into garments that will carry your worries for you & look after you. I've also been incorporating Latin American Milagros-- little silver charms that represent prayers or hopes and wishes. I think it's good to think positively-- a sort of practical magic. :)

No comments: