Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sponsor: Aylin's Woolgatherer

1. What is your website? Email?
Aylin's Woolgatherer

Email: aylin@aylins-wool.com

2. What is your Ravelry name/group?
Group name: Aylin's Woolgatherer

3. Where are you located and what are your hours?
7245 Arlington Blvd., Suite 318
Falls Church, VA 22042
703-573-1900

Regular Store Hours:
Mon - Sat: 10 am - 5:30 pm
Thu: open later, until 8:30 pm

Directions from Washington, DC:
Take Rt. 50 into Nothern Virginia approximately 8 miles to Graham Rd.
(Next stop light after Annandale Rd.) Turn left and make the next right into
Loehman's Plaza shopping center. Go to the 3rd floor of "7-11 building" in the middle of the center.

Directions from the Capitol Beltway (I-495):
Go to Northern Virginia. Exit onto Rt. 50 East.
Proceed just under a mile to Graham Rd. (4th traffic light after the Beltway) and turn right.
Make the first right turn into Loehman's Plaza shopping center.
Go to the 3rd floor of "7-11 building" in the middle of the center.

4. What kinds of things do you carry?
We offer a wonderful selection of high quality yarns, exquisite fibers, an extensive library of books and patterns, implements, unique gifts and accessories. I love the creations of Blue Ridge Yarns and are very interested in finding more local dyers. I would be very interested in promoting and applauding the new talents coming into our industry. Above all, at Aylin’s Woolgatherer we offer to share our ideas, expertise and enthusiasm in the art of knitting and crocheting with all other enthusiasts near and far.

5. How long have you been in business, and what inspired you to open a LYS?
I started Aylin’s Woolgatherer 36 years ago, on the 2nd of January in 1975. A good friend Mrs. Wynn Gnam, who owned The Woolgatherer downtown, urged me to open up my own shop. At the time, I had a little girl and I was most concerned with participating fully in her early development. With the encouragement and guidance from my friend, owning my own business seemed like a natural choice. I have never regretted it, even for one day.

6. What's your favorite thing about having a LYS?
My favorite thing about owning a yarn store is the opportunity it gives me to combine my lifelong love and interest in the textile crafts with my love of working with and being around people. It allowed me to find, develop and nurture a community of like-minded people who really became a second family to me. I have always been blessed because the hard work it takes to run a business never felt like “work” to me.

No comments: