Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sponsor: Knit + Stitch = Bliss


Our website is knitandstitch.com. You can reach us at 301-652-8688 or info@knitandstitch.com.

Ravelry group: Knit+Stitch=Bliss

We are located at 4706 Bethesda Ave, Bethesda Maryland 20814. The store is at the intersection of Wisconsin Ave and Bethesda Ave (behind the Starbucks). We have a free parking lot and are 3 blocks from the Bethesda Metro.

We are open:
Mon, Tues, Wed and Friday 10-6:30 pm
Thursday 10- 8 pm
Saturday 10- 5:30 pm
Sunday 12-5 pm



My goal is to be a friendly local yarn shop with something for everyone. We carry everything from Plymouth Encore to exquisite hand-dyed yarns. We carry yarn from most of the major yarn companies: Blue Sky Alpaca, Rowan, Cascade, Berrroco, Tahki, Plymouth, KFI, Skacel, Euroyarns. We also have an extensive selection of hand-dyed yarns (my soft spot)--Swans Island, String Theory, Madeline Tosh, Jade Saphire, Manos, Malabrigo, The Fibre Company, Prism, Great Adirondack, Claudia Hand Painted, We carry a good assortment of books and patterns, needles and bags (Attendi, Blue Q, Chica).

I'm going into my 13th year of business. I used to shop at the yarn store that was previously in the same location and when it went out of business, I decided to dump the law and do something I loved. When I opened, I was a beginner knitter (I also sold needlepoint in the beginning) with no business experience. God protects drunks and fools and I was able to survive all the mistakes I made. In case you are wondering about the name, Knit + Stitch = Bliss, I had to pick a name that no one else had used, (for trademark purposes). In my mind, knitting and stitching equal bliss.

My goal was to be very user friendly since I had felt very intimidated when I was learning to knit. I now have a fantastic group of women and a man who share my commitment to being friendly and helpful. Since we all have different taste in fiber and types of knitting, their input has helped us to become a well rounded knitting store.



My favorite thing about having the store is helping customers find a project that excites them. I enjoy matching the customer's interest, skills and budget with the perfect project. I also love my store's part in creating a knitting community where people are happy and comfortable.

No comments: