Do you have a project in the works that could benefit from some quick expert advice? Bring it along!
In addition to our regularly scheduled classes this year, our teachers have generously offered to make time available for those needing a bit of help on a project (e.g. picking up stitches, tightening holes in heel gussets, those blasted side stitches that like to get messy, joining new fiber on your spindle without losing twist, interpreting a tricky pattern instruction) and offer impromptu mini-sessions and on the spot Q&A on crochet, spinning, and knitting.
If you see one of our teachers sitting at the class table without an active class session, or roving about, sporting an HYP "Roving Teacher" button, feel free to flag them down for assistance!
1:15 - More Ways to Cast On
1:45 - Intro to Drop Spindle (bring fiber & spindle)
2:15 - Weaving Ends and Joining Yarn
2:45 - Intro to Drop Spindle (bring fiber & spindle)
3:15 - Fixing Your Mistakes (bring your swatch, needles, and a hook)
3:45 - Longest Thread Contest (bring fiber & spindle)
4:15 - Intro Knit or Crochet or Sock Machine and Spinning Demonstrations
Our teachers will be out and about throughout the day. We want to make sure our teachers get some shopping time in, so if they don't have their button on, they're off-duty. The 4:15 class session will depend on interest - we definitely want to enable new knitters and crocheters - but most Yarn Partiers are already pretty savvy so we will likely have best availability in the 4:00 hour.
- A Mermaid's Harvest
- AlpacaJoy of Maryland
- APH Designs
- Backyard Fiberworks
- Crabapple Yarns
- Cynthia Crane's Pottery
- Dancing Leaf Farm
- Dragonfly Fibers
- Duck Duck Wool
- End of the Row Yarns
- Feederbrook Farm
- Flying Goat Farm
- Hobbledehoy Yarn and Fiber
- Kate's Cauldron
- Lattes & Llamas
- MarigoldJen Hand Dyed Yarns
- Metis Industries
- Neighborhood Fiber Co.
- Rajkovich Designs
- Rising Tide Fiber Co.
- Snallygaster Fibers
- Taylored Fibers
- Tempting Ewe Yarns Inc
- That Clever Clementine
- The Woodrasp Shop (no website)
- Threeravens Fiber Studio
- Wandering Wool
- Wild Hare Fiber Studio
- Wolles Yarn Creations
- Sponsor Post: Exciting Happenings at Lovelyarns!
- 10th Annual Thank You Post
- 10th Annual Homespun Yarn Party - Today's the Day!...
- Breaking News! One-on-One Help from our Roving Te...
- Sponsor Profile: Knit Locally
- Sponsor Profile: Cloverhill Yarn Shop
- 2017: Wolle's Yarn Creations
- 2017: Wild Hare Fiber Studio
- 2017 Vendor Map and Venue Info
- 2017: Wandering Wool
- 2017: Three Ravens Studio
- 2017 Classes, Contests, Prizes, Swag, and more!
- Sponsor Profile: LEONAs GALLERY Sewing Studio
- Sponsor Profile: Woolwinders
- 2017: The Woodrasp Shop (new vendor!!)
- 2017: That Clever Clementine
- Sponsor Profile: Charm City Yarn Crawl
- Sponsor Profile: Fibre Space
- 2017: Tempting Ewe Yarns
- 2017: Taylored Fibers
- Sponsor Profile: Second Story Knits
- 2017: StarKnits
- 2017: SpaceCadet
- 2017: Snallygaster Fibers
- 2017: Rising Tide Fiber Co. (new vendor!!)
- 2017 Charity Collection
- Sponsor Profile: Nature's Yarns
- Sponsor Profile: Woolstock Knit & Sew
- 2017: Rajkovich Designs
- 2017: Neighborhood Fiber Co.
- Sponsor Profile: Corrine Walcher Designs
- 2017: Metis Industries
- 2017: MarigoldJen Hand Dyed Yarns (new vendor!!)
- 2017: Lattes and Llamas
- 2017: Kate's Cauldron
- Sponsor Profile: Lovelyarns
- Sponsor Profile: Frederick Fiber Fest
- 2017: Hobbledehoy Fibers
- 2017: HipStrings (new vendor!!)
- 2017: Flying Goat Farm
- 2017: Feederbrook Farm
- Sponsor Profile: Looped Yarn Works
- 2017: End of the Row Yarns (new vendor!!)
- 2017: Duck Duck Wool
- ▼ March (44)