What is your website?
What is your Ravelry name/group if you have one?
Fans of fibre space
Where are you located and what are your hours?
1219 King Street
In the heart of Historic Alexandria, VA
Mon, - Fri: 11 am - 8 pm
Sat: 10 am - 7 pm
Sun: 12-6 pm
What kinds of things do you carry?
We search out unique and hard to find yarns and tools to our knit and crochet community. We specialize in indie and US made companies (Brooklyn Tweed, Stonehedge Fiber Mill and Jill Draper Makes Stuff, for example) and are most known for our amazing selection of hand dyed yarns. Here are a few: Neighborhood Fiber Co., Miss Babs, Freia, the Fiberists and Hazel Knits. We’ve also got some interesting imports that you might not see anywhere else: Kalinka by Karen Oberg, BC Garn Semilla and Semilla Fino and a variety of notions and accessories from too!
How long have you been in business, and what inspired you to open your business?
My teaching business, Knit-a-Gogo, Inc was started in 2006. The retail shop grew out of that business (after a lot of begging and pleading by my students!). We opened our doors in July 2009.
What's your favorite thing about having your business?
I love being inspired by my customer’s creativity. Every day, someone points out a new great pattern that they found or puts together two colors that I would never have thought of putting together. I really have the greatest job in the world.
Check out this awesome video of the Fibre Space story!
- A Mermaid's Harvest
- AlpacaJoy of Maryland
- APH Designs
- Backyard Fiberworks
- Crabapple Yarns
- Cynthia Crane's Pottery
- Dancing Leaf Farm
- Dragonfly Fibers
- Duck Duck Wool
- End of the Row Yarns
- Feederbrook Farm
- Flying Goat Farm
- Hobbledehoy Yarn and Fiber
- Kate's Cauldron
- Lattes & Llamas
- MarigoldJen Hand Dyed Yarns
- Metis Industries
- Neighborhood Fiber Co.
- Rajkovich Designs
- Rising Tide Fiber Co.
- Snallygaster Fibers
- Taylored Fibers
- Tempting Ewe Yarns Inc
- That Clever Clementine
- The Woodrasp Shop (no website)
- Threeravens Fiber Studio
- Wandering Wool
- Wild Hare Fiber Studio
- Wolles Yarn Creations
- Sponsor Post: Exciting Happenings at Lovelyarns!
- 10th Annual Thank You Post
- 10th Annual Homespun Yarn Party - Today's the Day!...
- Breaking News! One-on-One Help from our Roving Te...
- Sponsor Profile: Knit Locally
- Sponsor Profile: Cloverhill Yarn Shop
- 2017: Wolle's Yarn Creations
- 2017: Wild Hare Fiber Studio
- 2017 Vendor Map and Venue Info
- 2017: Wandering Wool
- 2017: Three Ravens Studio
- 2017 Classes, Contests, Prizes, Swag, and more!
- Sponsor Profile: LEONAs GALLERY Sewing Studio
- Sponsor Profile: Woolwinders
- 2017: The Woodrasp Shop (new vendor!!)
- 2017: That Clever Clementine
- Sponsor Profile: Charm City Yarn Crawl
- Sponsor Profile: Fibre Space
- 2017: Tempting Ewe Yarns
- 2017: Taylored Fibers
- Sponsor Profile: Second Story Knits
- 2017: StarKnits
- 2017: SpaceCadet
- 2017: Snallygaster Fibers
- 2017: Rising Tide Fiber Co. (new vendor!!)
- 2017 Charity Collection
- Sponsor Profile: Nature's Yarns
- Sponsor Profile: Woolstock Knit & Sew
- 2017: Rajkovich Designs
- 2017: Neighborhood Fiber Co.
- Sponsor Profile: Corrine Walcher Designs
- 2017: Metis Industries
- 2017: MarigoldJen Hand Dyed Yarns (new vendor!!)
- 2017: Lattes and Llamas
- 2017: Kate's Cauldron
- Sponsor Profile: Lovelyarns
- Sponsor Profile: Frederick Fiber Fest
- 2017: Hobbledehoy Fibers
- 2017: HipStrings (new vendor!!)
- 2017: Flying Goat Farm
- 2017: Feederbrook Farm
- Sponsor Profile: Looped Yarn Works
- 2017: End of the Row Yarns (new vendor!!)
- 2017: Duck Duck Wool
- ▼ March (44)