Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Friday, March 3, 2017

Sponsor Profile: Lovelyarns

What is your website? Email?
website: http://www.lovelyarns.com/  email: lovelyarns@gmail.com


What is your Ravelry name/group?

Our rav group is "Friends of Lovelyarns"






Where are you located and what are your hours?

We are located in the Historical Neighborhood of Hampden, in Baltimore City at 3610 Falls Road, Baltimore, MD 21211 and we are open Tuesday & Wednesday 11-5:30; Thursday - Saturday 11-8pm; Sunday 11-5pm and we are closed on Mondays.

What kinds of things do you carry?

We specialize in locally hand-dyed yarn and fiber.  We have a BRAND NEW Yarn Tasting Wall where you may purchase yarn by the gram and we have beads to add some extra bling to your stitching!  We carry an array of fibers including alpaca, camel, llama, yak, wool, cotton, linen, silk wrapped stainless steel, silk, and even paper!



How long have you been in business, and what inspired you to open your business?

This is the 11th year that Lovelyarns has been in business, however, it is my first year as owner and chief yarn slinger.  With help from my recently late grandmother, I was able to purchase the business on January 1, 2017 from long-time owner and founder, Sue Caldwell.  I was first a customer and then an employee of Sue's and this past summer she made me an offer I couldn't refuse and now here we are living the dream!


What's your favorite thing about having a LYS? 

All the yarn!! Hahaha! I really enjoy meeting all of the wonderful dyers and artisans whose work we sell and of course all of our lovely stitchers, spinners, weavers, and felters! While I was working on the business plan for the shop, part of my "Big Vision" was to create a magical space where people could come in and feel inspired to be playful and creative with their various fiber arts projects.  I am proud to say that I think we are achieving that goal.

No comments: