Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Monday, March 9, 2020

2020: Wild Hare Fiber Studio

Wild Hare Fiber Studio

Wild Hare Fiber Studio is known for hand-dyed yarns and fibers both wild and mild: from black light reactive, gradient dyed, speckled and splatterdash yarns, to custom blended, space dyed and vegan spinning fibers. You'll always find something new and inspiring from Wild Hare! Also home of the Weave-a-Round Circle loom.

Wild Hare Fiber Studio

Instagram: @wildharefiber

Wild Hare Fiber Studio


How long have you been in business, and what inspired you to start your business?
I was a realtor obsessed with spinning and knitting when the real estate market began to crash in 2007. One day, with real estate deals falling through and the market in a tumble, I said to myself 'I've a mind to go off on a wild hare and start a fiber business.' I tentatively listed a few skeins of handspun on etsy thinking it might at least help fund my fiber addiction. When asked for my business name, I thought -- what the heck -- and typed in wildhare. The name stuck. (And no, I don't raise rabbits!) My online fiber business grew and I soon left real estate behind and started doing shows and festivals too. My 'wild hare' turned out to be the right choice!

What's your favorite thing about being a yarnie?
Having the perfect excuse for spending lots of time messing around with yarn and fiber... and being able to say 'that's not a ridiculously big stash - it's inventory!"


For the Virtual Homespun Yarn Party, March 22, 2020, 12-5 PM:

  • Online shopping: I will accept orders from people on Facebook if they want to message me with their email address (I will send a PayPal invoice). People may also order through my Etsy shop, or email me.
  • Virtual Booth: Flickr: 2020 Wild Hare Fiber Studio
  • Discount / Special Offer: Free shipping AND a free Wild Hare Fiber Studio enamel pin for orders placed through facebook or email. Free shipping from Etsy shop with code
  • Platform(s) for the virtual HYP:  Facebook, Instagram, email melissa@wildharefiber.com

1 comment:

Linda said...

Will this event happen this year? Despite Coronavirus?