This year’s event will be Sunday March 25, 2012. 12PM-5PM (set up starts at 11AM) in the Great Room at Savage Mill in Savage, MD.
Vendors will be selected via a jury process. Applicants are applying to sell only their own handcrafted yarns and/or fibers or other crafts, not commercial products. No mass-produced yarns and fibers are allowed for sale. (commercially spun but hand-dyed yarn is okay. fully mass-produced is not.) Preference will be given to local vendors.
• Your completed application and photos must be submitted by January 31st to be considered for the show. Email applications and 3 Print quality (each no larger than 1MB) photos that clearly show your product to: email@example.com, with your business name(s) in the Subject Line.
• Applicants will be notified by February 14th regarding their vendor status. If accepted, information on the event and instructions on sending payment for the vendor fee will be emailed.
• Tables for the Yarn Party will cost $85, to be paid upon acceptance. This year, we'll have an early application discount if you get your application to us by January 20th - $80. Spaces are 6 foot by 6 foot. This includes a rental table (6 foot long) and chairs. Vendors will need to provide their own table linens.
• Each year the yarn party has door prizes for attendees, which we collect from all vendors. We feel this helps us point out your table and your wonderful wares, and gets attendees excited about your products. We expect all accepted applicants to help with this effort by donating a prize (such as a yarn skein, fiber, a soap, etc.).
• If you want to share a table, please have each person submit an application and photos in one email with both of your names in the Subject line.
If you are sharing a booth space with another crafter, please tell us their name (each vendor must submit an application):
Tell us about your products in 50 words or less. Feel free to pick from the following questions if you like: Do you have products for knitters/crocheters, spinners, weavers, etc? What kinds of fibers or types of yarns do you carry? What do you think makes your product unique? What led you to start your business? What is your favorite part of crafting your product? Tell us about a time when you have seen your product used "in the wild". If you haven't seen your product used, how do you hope people use your product? Tell us where your business is going, where you hope to be in three years.
Please email us with questions! Submit your application and 3 photos of your work via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, late applications cannot be included.
-Yarn Party Organizers
Note that any vendors not selected in the jury process will be placed on a waiting list and will be notified as soon as possible should a space open up. We strive to include as many vendors as possible each year while providing a variety of unique, high quality products, showcasing regional artists.
Also, we are moving towards an email list for all potential vendors. If you haven’t signed up for it, please do, as we will not be sending notices about the application individually in the future! http://homespunyarnparty.blogspot.com/2011/02/want-to-be-notified-next-time-were.html