Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Monday, March 18, 2019

2019 Sponsor: Leona's Gallery - Sewing Studio

What is your website? www.leonasgallery.com

Also on Facebook: LEONAs GALLERY

Where are you located and what are your hours? 
LEONAs GALLERY - Sewing Studio
Historic Savage Mill
8600 Foundry Street, Carding Bldg., Ste. 214
Savage, MD. 20763

Hours of Operation:
Sunday By Appt.
Monday CLOSED
Tuesday 10am-6:00pm
Wednesday 10am-6:00pm
Thursday Noon-6:00pm
Friday 10am-6:00pm
Saturday 10am-6:00pm

What kinds of things do you carry / what services do you provide?
I teach sewing, design and quilting classes.  I have a sewing program that allows Home Schoolers the opportunity to earn scholastic achievement  in Family & Consumer Sciences.  As a dressmaker, I specialize in bridal gown alterations and custom clothing.

Check out Leona's Wednesday Evening Sewing Lab Sessions to get help on your projects - finish old projects, learn new techniques, relax spending quality time sewing! Each Wednesday 6-8PM. $60 per session, includes sewing machine but no materials. See details: Sewing Classes

How long have you been in business, and what inspired you to open your business?
I feel as though I've been in this business all of my lifetime. I became interested in sewing at the age of ten.  I continued my studies in Commercial Sewing & Business Management.   I have been sewing for over forty years! I am achieving a lifetime dream of creating apparel and teaching others the valuable life skill of sewing.  In 2015, LEONAs GALLERY Sewing Studio took up residence at the Historic Savage Mill.  What a  wonderful back drop to be in such an historical place that speaks to the overall craft and textile industry. 

What's your favorite thing about owning your own business?

The ability to handle day to day operations that are based on my level of integrity.  Living a lifestyle that's spiritual, balanced, healthy and passionate.



No comments: