This year The Homespun Yarn Party and Knitters and Crocheters Care are collecting knit and crocheted hats and mittens for Alternative House. Alternative House operates a house for runaway teens, a house for teenage mothers and they perform outreach for children and families throughout the Balley’s Crossroads area. Alternative House offers children, youth and families hope for brighter futures by providing counseling, shelter and neighborhood-based support.
This year we will be creating and collecting hats and mittens for
adults and children. You can drop off your hats at the Knitters and
Crocheters charity table at the Homespun Yarn Party on Sunday, March 23,
2014. If you prefer, we will also accept other cold weather wearables,
such as mittens, gloves, socks and sweaters.
Additionally, if you’re looking to destash - Knitters and Crocheters
Care is collecting yarn for charity projects and charitable
organizations throughout the DC metro area.
You can also grab your knitting needles and/or your crochet hooks,
and come and knit/crochet with us. You are welcome to bring your own
yarn, however, we will also provide charity yarn for you to work with.
Hope you can participate!! There will be prizes!
- A Mermaid's Harvest
- AlpacaJoy of Maryland
- APH Designs
- Backyard Fiberworks
- Crabapple Yarns
- Cynthia Crane's Pottery
- Dancing Leaf Farm
- Dragonfly Fibers
- Duck Duck Wool
- End of the Row Yarns
- Feederbrook Farm
- Flying Goat Farm
- Hobbledehoy Yarn and Fiber
- Kate's Cauldron
- Lattes & Llamas
- MarigoldJen Hand Dyed Yarns
- Metis Industries
- Neighborhood Fiber Co.
- Rajkovich Designs
- Rising Tide Fiber Co.
- Snallygaster Fibers
- Taylored Fibers
- Tempting Ewe Yarns Inc
- That Clever Clementine
- The Woodrasp Shop (no website)
- Threeravens Fiber Studio
- Wandering Wool
- Wild Hare Fiber Studio
- Wolles Yarn Creations
- Sponsor Post: The Yarnicorn
- Thank you for another great Yarn Party!
- Classes, Door Prizes, Charity, and the popular Lon...
- Sponsor Profile: The Knitting Loft
- Sponsor Profile: The Yarnicorn
- Sponsor Profile: The Yarn Spot
- Sponsor Profile: Noni
- Sponsor Profile: Blended Threads Workshops
- Sponsor Profile: Cloverhill Yarn Shop
- 2014 Maps and Venue Information
- Sponsor Profile: The Knitting Boutique
- 2014: Wolle's Yarn Creation
- 2014: Wandering Wool
- 2014: Wild Hare Fiber Studio
- Sponsor Profile: Two Rivers Yarns
- 2014: Unplanned Peacock Studio
- Sponsor Profile: Nature's Yarns, Inc.
- 2014: Threeravens Fiber Studio
- 2014 Charity Collection
- Sponsor Profile: Looped Yarn Works
- 2014: The Verdant Gryphon
- Sponsor Profile: Second Story Knits
- 2014: The Camel Shoppe
- 2014: That Clever Clementine
- 2014: Tempting Ewe Yarns, Inc.
- 2014: Taylored Fibers
- 2014: StarKnits
- 2014: SpaceCadet
- 2014: Snallygaster Fibers
- 2014: Slippery Slope Farm
- Sponsor Profile: Fibre Space
- 2014: Shalimar Yarns
- 2014: Rajkovich Designs
- 2014: Neighborhood Fiber Co.
- 2014: Kate's Cauldron
- 2014: Gourmet Stash
- 2014: Folly and Nonsense
- 2014: Folktale Fibers
- 2014: Flying Goat Farm
- 2014: Feederbrook Farm
- 2014: Duck Duck Wool
- 2014: Dragonfly Fibers
- 2014: Dancing Leaf Farm
- ▼ March (43)