Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Farmgirl Chic

1. What is your website?
Etsy Shop
Blog

2. Your ravelry.com username?
farmgirlchic

Farmgirl Chic


3. What do you make?
I craft handspun yarn, mainly art yarn, art batts and fiber blends for the handspinner from sheep and goats I raise here on my family farm. I also craft stash and project bags from vintage and new fabric.

4. How did you get into making stuff?
I have always been a crafty gal making Barbie clothes for my Barbies and paint by numbers but it wasn't until I moved to PA 11 years ago that I discovered handspinning when we got several angora goats.

Farmgirl Chic


5. What is your favorite thing about the local fiber community?
My most favorite thing about the fiber community is that everyone is very receptive to the fact that...fiber is cool and that it is definitely not your Grandmothers Red Heart....

6. How does what you do/make influence the rest of your life, and vice versa?
I live and breathe fiber from the time I wake up in the morning and go out and feed the girls to my in home studio that has somehow overtaken not one but two rooms in my house...The colors and sights and sounds of our farm inspire the colors and ideas for my work.

Farmgirl Chic


7. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
I believe that being a shepherd and being able to on a daily basis interact with my animals and then be able to produce something wonderful and special from the fiber that my animals produce is awesome. A fabulous life!

No comments: