Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Carissa Englert, Treadle to the Metal

Treadle to the Metal 1

1. What is your website?
www.treadletothemetal.etsy.com

2. Your Ravelry.com username?
TreadletoMetal

3. Where are you located?
Washington, DC


4. What do you make?
Handspun yarn and handknitted items


Treadle to the Metal 2

5. Do you make fiber/yarn/etc. full-time?
No, not full-time. Only on nights and weekends. For now...


6. How did you get into making stuff?
Learned how to spin 3.5 years ago and it became an instant addiction. Then when I learned how to spin, I knew it was all I wanted to do!


7. How long have you been doing this?
About three and a half years now.

8. Where do you find inspiration?
Mostly in the need to create things. To create beautiful things. And I am also inspired by other fiber artists and the talent and creativity that each of us has.

9. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
Nothing much. Other than people are constantly amazed at the sheer mass of yarn and fiber that I have managed to accumulate in just the 3 years that I have been obsessed with my hobby! :-)


Treadle to the Metal 3

Treadle to the Metal will be sharing space with Loop!

No comments: