Sunday, February 22, 2009
Kathy Davidson, Potosi Sheep Farm
1. What is your website? and email?
2. Your ravelry.com username? (If you are on Ravelry)
Potosti Sheep Farm is still on the waiting list.
3. Where are you located?
Potosti Sheep Farm is in Glen Rock, PA, 7 miles from MD line
4. What do you make?
Potosti Sheep Farm makes hand dyed and hand painted BFL yarn and hand spun natural colored Shetland yarn, hand dyed roving, sheep skins, finished goods ( hats, lap blankets) and fleeces.
5. Do you make fiber/yarn/etc. full-time?
YES From my own BFL and Shetland sheep
6. How did you get into making stuff?
23 years ago I learned to spin. started with 3 sheep just for spinning fleeces and the rest is history. I think I have had almost every breed...mostly given to me. The BFl are my true love. Sheep are an addiction. I have judged at PA farm show and NYS Wool Festival sheep to shawl competitions. volunteer for 4H shows every year and love to work with 4H kids.
7. How long have you been doing this?
8. Where do you find inspiration?
On the farm and from the wonderful sheep I care for.
9. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
Feederbrook Farm and Potosi Farm are two farms that are both one women operations that have partnered up to make a coop. We work together on a number of different levels ( Fiber, Sales, Breeding stock and education).