1. What is your website? Email?
2. What is your Ravelry name/group?
Group name: Aylin's Woolgatherer
3. Where are you located and what are your hours?
7245 Arlington Blvd., Suite 318
Falls Church, VA 22042
Regular Store Hours:
Mon - Sat: 10 am - 5:30 pm
Thu: open later, until 8:30 pm
Directions from Washington, DC:
Take Rt. 50 into Nothern Virginia approximately 8 miles to Graham Rd.
(Next stop light after Annandale Rd.) Turn left and make the next right into
Loehman's Plaza shopping center. Go to the 3rd floor of "7-11 building" in the middle of the center.
Directions from the Capitol Beltway (I-495):
Go to Northern Virginia. Exit onto Rt. 50 East.
Proceed just under a mile to Graham Rd. (4th traffic light after the Beltway) and turn right.
Make the first right turn into Loehman's Plaza shopping center.
Go to the 3rd floor of "7-11 building" in the middle of the center.
4. What kinds of things do you carry?
offer a wonderful selection of high quality yarns, exquisite fibers, an
extensive library of books and patterns, implements, unique gifts and
accessories. I love the creations of Blue Ridge Yarns and are very
interested in finding more local dyers. I would be very interested in
promoting and applauding the new talents coming into our industry. Above
all, at Aylin’s Woolgatherer we offer to share our ideas, expertise and
enthusiasm in the art of knitting and crocheting with all other
enthusiasts near and far.
5. How long have you been in business, and what inspired you to open a LYS?
started Aylin’s Woolgatherer 38 years ago, on the 2nd of January in
1975. A good friend Mrs. Wynn Gnam, who owned The Woolgatherer downtown,
urged me to open up my own shop. At the time, I had a little girl and I
was most concerned with participating fully in her early development.
With the encouragement and guidance from my friend, owning my own
business seemed like a natural choice. I have never regretted it, even
for one day.
6. What's your favorite thing about having a LYS?
favorite thing about owning a yarn store is the opportunity it gives me
to combine my lifelong love and interest in the textile crafts with my
love of working with and being around people. It allowed me to find,
develop and nurture a community of like-minded people who really became a
second family to me. I have always been blessed because the hard work
it takes to run a business never felt like “work” to me.
- A Mermaid's Harvest
- AlpacaJoy of Maryland
- APH Designs
- Backyard Fiberworks
- Crabapple Yarns
- Cynthia Crane's Pottery
- Dancing Leaf Farm
- Dragonfly Fibers
- Duck Duck Wool
- End of the Row Yarns
- Feederbrook Farm
- Flying Goat Farm
- Hobbledehoy Yarn and Fiber
- Kate's Cauldron
- Lattes & Llamas
- MarigoldJen Hand Dyed Yarns
- Metis Industries
- Neighborhood Fiber Co.
- Rajkovich Designs
- Rising Tide Fiber Co.
- Snallygaster Fibers
- Taylored Fibers
- Tempting Ewe Yarns Inc
- That Clever Clementine
- The Woodrasp Shop (no website)
- Threeravens Fiber Studio
- Wandering Wool
- Wild Hare Fiber Studio
- Wolles Yarn Creations
- We had a really great time today and want to thank...
- Sponsor: Aylin's Woolgatherer
- Sponsor: Unicorn Fibre
- 2013: Wolle's Yarn Creations
- Sponsor: Spin-U
- 2013: Wild Hare Fiber Studio
- 2013: Wandering Wool
- 2013: Tina Seamonster
- Sponsor: Knit + Stitch = Bliss
- 2013: Threeravens Yarn and Fiber
- 2013: The Verdant Gryphon
- 2013: The Camel Shoppe
- 2013: That Clever Clementine
- Sponsor: Fibre Space
- 2013 Vendor Map and Venue Info
- 2013: Taylored Fibers
- 2013: StarKnits
- Longest Thread Competition, Classes, Prizes, Chari...
- 2013: SpaceCadet Creations
- Sponsor: Dog House Yarns
- 2013: Snallygaster Yarns
- 2013: Slippery Slope Farm
- 2013: Shalimar Yarns
- Sponsor: The Knitting Boutique
- 2013: Rajkovich Designs
- Sponsor: Looped Yarn Works
- 2013: Neighborhood Fiber Co.
- 2013: Misty Mountain Farm
- 2013: Mid Valley Fibers
- 2013: Kate's Cauldron
- 2013: Good Golly Miss Olli
- 2013: Folktale Fibers
- 2013: Flying Goat Farm
- Sponsor: Nature's Yarns, Inc.
- 2013: Feederbrook Farm
- Sponsor: Curiosity McGee
- 2013: Dragonfly Fibers
- 2013: Dancing Leaf Farm
- 2013: Crabapple Yarns
- 2013: Claymonster Pottery
- 2013: Cephalopod Yarns
- Sponsor: Yarns by Design
- 2013: Cavey Family Sheep & Wool, Co.
- 2013: BabesterArts
- 2013: Avalon Springs Farm
- 2013: Ashton Studio Arts
- Sponsor: Susquehanna Knitting Company
- 2013: Alpacas of Windswept Farm
- ▼ March (48)