2. What is your Ravelry name/group if you have one?
3. Where are you located and what are your hours?
We are a mobile “pop-up” shop operating out of a ten-foot yarn trailer...now that’s a stash! We can most often be found in Montgomery and Harford Counties but will go wherever we’re invited within “trailer distance.” We have plans to be in Powhatan, VA in April.
4. What kinds of things do you carry?
We specialize in a unique and curated inventory:
1) products from Maryland dyers and artists
2) deep inventory on select quality yarns like Shepherd’s Wool and Donegal.
3) knitting basics from U.S. companies, and needles in every size, so we can serve the casual knitter.
Our constant challenge and the fun of it is keeping the inventory fresh all the time. When we “pop-up” in a repeat location we make sure we have something new and exciting to show repeat customers.
5. How long have you been in business, and what inspired you to open your business?
We opened in October of 2011 mostly to test-market our ideas for an eventual bricks and mortar shop. One year later we found ourselves re-evaluating the business plan to consider maintaining a mobile component to the business regardless—we love the road-tripping and REALLY love bringing quality yarn and knitting supplies to pockets of the area that don’t have a nearby LYS. We have also found that by carefully curating our inventory, we can work together with yarn shops and other compatible retailers to bring in trunk shows and expanded inventory to boost their traffic.
6. What's your favorite thing about having your business?
I just love being with yarny people and I love driving! (you kind of have to if you’re towing a pop-up shop!) I love talking about knitting, learning new skills from my customers, and especially the teaching. I love Havre de Grace, where we spend much of our selling time, it’s a beautiful town with warm and friendly knitters.