Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Saturday, March 5, 2016

2016: Crabapple Yarns!

Crabapple Yarns 1

I LOVE color! I like to play with unusual dye methods and colors just to see what happens. I draw my inspiration from Pinterest for nature shots, house paint color palettes, look at some of my favorite artist's paintings up close to see the color blends; or just look at nature to get my inspiration.  I chose my yarn bases based off of what I like, what I find soft and what I myself want to wear or put on my kids.  It has to hold up or why bother putting all that effort into working it up.  If I wouldn't put it on my baby, I won't sell it.  My favorite base right now is a lovely Merino Bamboo blend.  Great drape, a nice luster and wears really well!  I have several kits made up with his base (and many others) that knitters just love!

Crabapple Yarns 2

Crabapple Yarns

Crabapple Yarns 3

No comments: