Friday, February 27, 2009
Dalis Davidson, Dancing Leaf Farm
1. What is your website?
2. Your ravelry.com username?
3. Where are you located?
4. What do you make?
I hand dye yarn and roving, spin wool from my sheep, make fused glass buttons and jewelry, felt paintings and felt jewelry, stitch markers, knitting patterns.
5. Do you make fiber/yarn/etc. full-time?
7. How long have you been doing this?
8. Where do you find inspiration?
I find inspiration in my gardens, in the landscape around me as I live on a farm surrounded by fields with Sugarloaf Mountain in the background, and in the flora and fauna here on my farm and on my travels afar.
9. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
I'm part of a cottage studio tour 3 times a year (countrysideartisans.com). I have two golden retrievers that greet the customers, escorting them to the studio. They wear bright red handkerchiefs and signs that read, "Need Yarn?" and "Need Jewelry?".