Thursday, March 5, 2009
Dawn Doran, Gnomegarden
1. What is your website? and email?
2. Your Ravelry.com username?
3. Where are you located?
4. What do you make?
Hand dyed/spun yarns and fibers. Stitch markers. Hand-crafted magic.
5. Do you make fiber/yarn/etc. full-time?
No. I create every minute that I can, but right now it is a blissful adjunct and accompaniment to life-as-super-woman.
6. How did you get into making stuff?
It is an extra chromosome in our family :). The result is creativity that is completely obsessive, compulsive and mostly unavoidable!!
7. How long have you been doing this?
Knitting: 9 years
Spinning: 4 years
Crafting: 42 years.
8. Where do you find inspiration?
Everywhere! Nature, Museums/Art, observations while painting, colors and textures that I notice while walking around, imaginings.
9. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper."