Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sharon McMahon, Three Irish Girls

TIGIrishsea2

1. What is your website? and email?
www.ThreeIrishGirls.com
threeirishgirls@gmail.com


2. Your Ravelry.com username?
Surprisingly, it's ThreeIrishGirls!

3. Where are you located?
Rockville, MD

4. What do you make?
Handpainted yarn & fiber, learn to dye kits

TIGskye3

5. Do you make fiber/yarn/etc. full-time?
Yes, in addition to my work as a teacher.

6. How did you get into making stuff?
I started doing custom knitting work for people, and the dyeing grew as an extension out of that. If you're interested in the full story, I'm working on it. You can start reading here: http://threeirishgirls.com/blog/?p=285

7. How long have you been doing this?
Three Years

8. Where do you find inspiration?
In nature, textiles, and dreams. That may sound hokey, but I actually do have dreams about color combinations!

9. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
Words of wisdom: There's no such things as too much yarn, only not enough time. Funny story: I once spilled a container of black dye solution, and it got all over my blonde hair. Not a look I intended to go for.

TIGdonegan-1

No comments: