Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spinster Yarns and Fibers

Thank you to Andrea Donato of Spinster Yarns and Fibers for supporting the Homespun Yarn Party!



1. What is your website? and email?
www.SpinsterYarnsandFibers.com is the site and spinsteryarnsandfibers@yahoo.com is the email addy

2. What is your Ravelry name/group?
My shop group is under the shop name, Spinster Yarns & Fibers and my Rav name is yarngirlie

3. Where are you located and what are your hours?
I am in Northeast Baltimore City, at 4337 Harford Road, right near the Safeway. I am beneath The Red Canoe, which is a cafe and bookstore. My hours are Wednesday-Friday 10am to 4pm, Saturday 10am to 8pm and Sunday 12pm to 4pm. I am closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Saturday evenings from 6pm-8pm is our weekly "Knit and Hook Night" where we all gather round and knit, crochet and spin.

4. What kinds of things do you carry?
I am the area's exclusive Blue Sky Alpacas retailer. My shop focuses on eco-friendly, socially conscious and happy animal yarns and fibers. I also am a big supporter of indie handspuns and dyers. I also carry fibers for spinning and have the exclusive Batt Station, where custom fiber batts are carded in shop out of ingredients that you can pick yourself.



5. How long have you been in business, and what inspired you to open a LYS?
I just had my one year anniversary on January 26! Yay! I totally opened the shop for a simple desire to have a cool yarn shop in my neighborhood. I wasn't finding the selection of "green" yarns and yarns with stories behind them that I wanted anywhere but online and so I dreamed up what my favorite shop would have and made it a reality.

6. What's your favorite thing about having a LYS?
That is easy! It is when the UPS truck comes and I get to open boxes that are stuffed with yummy yarn! I also have managed to make the most wonderful friends since opening the shop. I can't imagine my life without them!

No comments: