Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Jenny Isaacs, 8th Street Soap
1. What is your website? and email?
3. Where are you located?
in Washington, DC
4. What do you make?
Soap from scratch
5. Do you make fiber/yarn/etc. full-time?
No, but I admire those who do.
6. How did you get into making stuff?
I've been making stuff since I was a child. What I love most about making stuff these days is that it is completely different from my day job. Instead of staring at a computer and going to meetings, I get a vastly more sensory experience -- I get to use my hands (and nose!). It's very gratifying.
7. How long have you been doing this?
8. Where do you find inspiration?
For soaps? All over the place. Travels, people, books, nature. In general, though, seeing all the amazing things coming out of the handmade community is extremely inspiring. It is awesome. I love that everyone's doing their own thing in their own particular way.
9. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
Buy handmade :)