Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Jenny Isaacs, 8th Street Soap

signetc

1. What is your website? and email?
8thStreetSoap.com
soap@8thstreetsoap.com

3. Where are you located?
in Washington, DC

4. What do you make?
Soap from scratch

sprucesquared_med

5. Do you make fiber/yarn/etc. full-time?
No, but I admire those who do.

6. How did you get into making stuff?
I've been making stuff since I was a child. What I love most about making stuff these days is that it is completely different from my day job. Instead of staring at a computer and going to meetings, I get a vastly more sensory experience -- I get to use my hands (and nose!). It's very gratifying.

7. How long have you been doing this?
Circa 1999.

8. Where do you find inspiration?
For soaps? All over the place. Travels, people, books, nature. In general, though, seeing all the amazing things coming out of the handmade community is extremely inspiring. It is awesome. I love that everyone's doing their own thing in their own particular way.

9. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
Buy handmade :)

boxessample_med

No comments: