Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kathy Reading, Catju Designs

catju3

1. What is your website?
www.catjudesigns.com

2. What is your Ravelry.com username?
Kathy is not on Ravelry, but Cindy is - her username is busybead1.

3. Where are you located?
Near Baltimore MD

4. What do you make?
Handcrafted Artisan jewelry using gemstones, Swarovski crystals, and whatever interesting beads and findings I can get my hands on.
Cindy McDonnell will also be at the booth with her crystal hearts and birthstone bracelets.


catju2

5. Do you make jewelry full-time?
No

6. How did you get into making stuff?
My sister gave me a jewelry making kit for my birthday one year and I've been hooked ever since.

7. How long have you been doing this?
Over 15 years

8. Where do you find inspiration?
From just about everything - I am always looking for interesting color combinations and techniques that I haven't see before. I also am intrigued by the ever changing jewelry fashion trends.

9. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
I once had a customer who came back to get a bracelet fixed - her dog had chewed it up. She was very upset that the dog had gotten to it, but I was just glad that it didn't end up as an expensive trip to the vet. Luckily I still had beads to repair it.

catjushapeimage_2

No comments: