Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Monday, March 2, 2009

Sheila Rovelstad Designs, Wullenstudio Designer Yarns

DSC00804

1. What is your website? and email?
Website is: www.knitswithsticks.com
E-mail is: sheila@www.knitswithsticks.com

2. Your Ravelry.com username?
SheilaR

3. Where are you located?
Columbia, Maryland

4. What do you make?
Hand-dyed yarns and sterling silver, crystal and semi-precious stone stitch markers

DSC00035_edited

5. Do you make fiber/yarn/etc. full-time?
Yes.

6. How did you get into making stuff?
7. How long have you been doing this?
Have been knitting for 51 years, also weave and spin. I started dying my own fibers nearly 30 years ago to get exactly what I wanted to use in my work. No one in my family even knit, I was drawn to knitting at a young age with my friends.

8. Where do you find inspiration?
I find my inspirations in music, art, nature and everyday life.

9. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
I think that I unintentionally found a husband who just accepted that I did all these things. His mother was an artist and he never questioned that I made art also. When I order yarn, it comes in bales, he was amazed to learn that you could just buy a hank at a yarn store! Then there is the subject of needles...when I buy a new set, he always says, "oh good, you were almost out!" I didn't look for him, we just found each other...he even gets that I need space in the house for a studio.

When my children were little and began going to other friend's houses for play dates, they were forever asking where their parents made art in their houses.

DSC00240

Sheila Rovelstad will be sharing a table with Vicki Embry.

No comments: