1. What is your website?
2. What is your Ravelry name/group if you have one?
Fans of fibre space
3. Where are you located and what are your hours?
1219 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Mon, Tues, Fri: 11 am - 7 pm
Weds, Thurs: 11 am - 9 pm
Sat: 10 am - 7 pm
Sun: 12-6 pm
4. What kinds of things do you carry?
offer a wide selection of yarns, needles and notions as well as
spinning fibre and supplies. We specialize in indie and US made
companies (Brooklyn Tweed, Stonehedge Fiber Mill and Imperial Stock
Ranch, for example) and are most known for our amazing selection of hand
dyed yarns. Here are a few: Neighborhood Fiber Co., Dragonfly Fibers,
Sweet Georgia, Miss Babs, Skein and Lorna's Laces.
5. How long have you been in business, and what inspired you to open your business?
teaching business, Knit-a-Gogo, Inc was started in 2006. The retail
shop grew out of that business (after a lot of begging and pleading by
my students!). We opened our doors in July 2009.
6. What's your favorite thing about having your business?
love being inspired by my customer’s creativity. Every day, someone
points out a new great pattern that they found or puts together two
colors that I would never have thought of putting together. I really
have the greatest job in the world.