Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Sponsor Profile: MediaPeruana Designs

1. What is your website? Email? 


www.mediaperuana.com / mediaperuana@gmail.com

2. What is your Ravelry name/group if you have one? (or Twitter? Instagram?)I am MediaPeruana on Ravelry, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest; my Ravelry Group is the very creatively named MediaPeruana Designs.

3. Where can people find your designs?My self-published designs are available through Ravelry and on my website. Knit Picks offers several of my designs in their exclusive collections, and I've also been published in Knitscene Accessories and Knitty. 


4. What kinds of things do you design?I started with accessories and children's clothes, and am now adding adult sweaters to my repertoire--at least 3 will be published in 2015! In particular, I love designing sweaters for boys--I have 2 little ones (a 2 year old and a 6 month old), and find there are far more patterns for girls than boys!

5. How long have you been a designer? What inspired you to start? I began playing around with designing about 5 years ago, but started to get more serious about in 2012. Then I had 2 babies, so my productivity took a dive, but things are picking back up! When I first started, I saw it as a fun personal challenge--I made this Thing, can I write a coherent pattern so that others can make the same Thing? Once I found I could not only write a clear pattern, but enjoyed the challenges involved in it, ideas just started jumping out at me, so I kept going. 


6. What's your favorite thing about working in this industry?
First, the amazing people. Fiber artists seem to be a friendly bunch, and though I don't have many friends who knit in real life, I feel like I have a whole community of online knitting friends--which is great for me, because I'm naturally pretty shy. Also, playing with so much gorgeous yarn! That never gets old.

No comments: