1. What is your website?
2. What is your Ravelry name/group if you have one?
Fans of fibre space
3. Where are you located and what are your hours?
1219 King Street (new location!!!)
Alexandria, VA 22314
Mon, Tues, Fri: 11 am - 7 pm
Weds, Thurs: 11 am - 9 pm
Sat: 10 am - 7 pm
Sun: 12-6 pm
4. What kinds of things do you carry?
I take pride if offering unique and hard to find yarns and tools to our knit and crochet community. We specialize in indie and US made companies (Brooklyn Tweed, Stonehedge Fiber Mill and Imperial Stock Ranch, for example) and are most known for our amazing selection of hand dyed yarns. Here are a few: Neighborhood Fiber Co., Miss Babs, Freia, Gynx, Sweet Fiber, fiberstory and the Fiberists.
5. How long have you been in business, and what inspired you to open your business?
My teaching business, Knit-a-Gogo, Inc was started in 2006. The retail shop grew out of that business (after a lot of begging and pleading by my students!). We opened our doors in July 2009.
6. What's your favorite thing about having your business?
I love being inspired by my customer’s creativity. Every day, someone points out a new great pattern that they found or puts together two colors that I would never have thought of putting together. I really have the greatest job in the world.