Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Alan and Amanda Grace, Cedarland Farm

handdyedhandspun

1. What is your website?
www.cedarlandfarm.com

3. Where are you located?
Delta, PA - We are 1 hour north of Baltimore/Towson, in Amish country.

4. What do you make?
Icelandic roving, natural and dyed, Handspun Icelandic yarn- Natural and dyed, Natural handspun Angora, needle felting kits, drop spindle kits, needle felted creatures, knit pins, hand knitted items, knitting patterns and kits

farbluemts roving

5. Do you make fiber/yarn/etc. full-time?
Yes

6. How did you get into making stuff?
After living in Iceland for 2 1/2 years, I fell in love with the Icelandic sheep. I had been spinning for about 10 years and longed for a flock of my own. The versatility and beauty of the Icelandics drew me to them and I started my flock 5 years ago. Icelandic wool is great for spinning and felting and my handspun yarn has always sold well at MD Sheep and Wool festival. My mill-spun hand dyed Lopi yarn is also sought out for its softness over store-bought lopi.

7. How long have you been doing this?
I've been spinning for 12 years, selling my products for 5 years

8. Where do you find inspiration?
colors of my sheep, texture and patterns of art and nature

9. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
Farm visitors are welcome. We lamb in March-April and expect English angora bunnies then too.

carnival roving

No comments: