Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Monday, March 9, 2009

Lisa Check, Flying Goat Farm

lisacheck2

1.What is your website? and email?
Our website is www.flyinggoatfarm.com
Our etsy store is www.flyinggoatfarm.etsy.com
My email address is goatherd@flyinggoatfarm.com

2. Your Ravelry.com username?
My ravelry name is goatherd

3. Where are you located?
We are located in Frederick, MD

4. What do you make?
We have white and colored angora goats. We have fleeces, locks (both dyed and undyed), roving, hand dyed yarns, scarves and fabric.

lisacheck1

5. Do you make fiber/yarn/etc. full-time?
I wish I was doing this full-time but I am an elementary school teacher right now.

6. How did you get into making stuff?
I’ve always loved to create. I taught myself to weave, then dye and finally to spin about 20 years ago. I love to visualize my final product and then see it come to fruition.

7. How long have you been doing this?
I have been a fiber artist for 20 years but have been trying to make a business for about 1 year.

8. Where do you find inspiration?
It seems corny to say it but I get inspiration from intriguing color schemes and shapes from nature, magazines, and travel.

lisacheck3

Flying Goat Farm will be sharing a booth with Avalon Spring Farm.

No comments: