Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Terry Todesco, Crash Into Ewe

IMG_2530

1. What is your website?
www.Crashintoewe.etsy.com

2. Your Ravelry.com username?
CrashIntoEwe

3. Where are you located?
Baltimore, Maryland

4. What do you make?
Hand-dyed yarn and roving, Abacus Row Counters and some patterns. One of my most unique items is hand-dyed sock weight yarn that is spun with a fine strand of sterling silver.

IMG_3212

5. Do you make fiber/yarn/etc. full-time?
I am not full-time, but that's a fantasy for someday

6. How did you get into making stuff?
I took a few classes from a fiber artist in Oregon and started by dyeing yarn for myself and for friends. On a whim, I put some for sale on Etsy and the rest is history.

7. How long have you been doing this?
I've been dyeing yarn for about 5 years now. Knitting for waaaaay longer than that.

8. Where do you find inspiration?
Music is a big inspiration for me (hence the shop name) and several of my colorways are inspired by songs. I also get ideas from nature, although the beauty of nature is impossible to accurately copy, but it's fun to try.

9. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
I don't know how funny people will find it, but the first time I dyed roving, I got a little scared because when I soaked it to prepare for dyeing, it was the texture of wet cotton balls. After dyeing it, I hung the wet and lifeless strands and panicked because I thought it was ruined. I didn't know that it would come back to life after it was dry, so I emailed a well-known blogger who assured me that if I didn't felt it, the roving would somehow puff back up. The next day it was beautiful. I sometimes tell the story to entertain fiber artists who think it's funny.

IMG_2374

Terry was with us in 2008, and you can read her bio here!

No comments: