Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Saturday, February 29, 2020

2020: CreateTricks (new vendor!)

CreateTricks

CreateTricks produces hand-crafted project bags with vintage and limited quantity, high-quality fabrics. Many bags sport vintage and specialty buttons from my mother, who collected them for decades! All bags are designed and made with creativity and care by a knitting addict. Project bags range from the largest Liz Tote with snap closure for blankets and sweaters, to medium zipper and drawstring bags, to small notions bags. The Janice Bag (an exclusive design) sits up on the table or can be worn on the wrist, and holds shawls and mid-sized sweaters. Fabric is sourced from estate sales, interior designers, destashers, and thrift stores. Every Bag has a Story!

CreateTricks

Website: createtricks.com
Instagram: @thecreatetricks
Facebook: TheCreateTricks

CreateTricks

What shops carry your products?
SO Original Yarn Studio, Sandy Spring, MD

How long have you been in business, and what inspired you to start your business?
Full-time since January 2018. It started with buttons. Hundreds of them. I’m not making that up. Mom said I could have them but only if I put them to good use, so I made myself a knitting project bag and added a button. Then I made another. And another (there were a LOT of buttons)! I started changing up the patterns, adjusting them to fit my needs. Friends began to ask whether they could buy my bags, and CreateTricks bags were born. Fabric for my bags comes from estate sales, destashers, friends, interior designers, and fabric store clearance racks. I love vintage and mid-century modern designs. Recycling and reusing materials helps keep my prices reasonable.
What's your favorite thing about being a maker?
Playing with color and texture, my bright sun-filled studio, interacting with knitters!

Is your shop involved in any charity or educational efforts you’d like to let people know about?

For every 10 bags sold, CreateTricks donates a bag to organizations working on behalf of at-risk women and children. Every purchase helps someone in need.


For the Virtual Homespun Yarn Party, March 22, 2020, 12-5 PM:
 


  • Online shopping: Place orders on www.etsy.com/shop/CreateTricksBags
  • Virtual Booth: Flickr: CreateTricks
  • Discount / Special Offer: 10% off if 3 bags are purchased in one transaction
  • Platform(s) for the virtual HYP:  Facebook
  •  

    No comments: