Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

2020: Avalon Springs Farm

Avalon Springs Farm

Avalon Springs Farm is a small farm and fiber art studio. We produce our own yarns and roving based on our fiber. We also have an variety of hand dyed yarns, kits, patterns and a few finished goods.

Avalon Springs Farm

Avalon Springs Farm

Do you have a brick & mortar location people can visit?
29100 Ridge Road, Mount Airy, MD 21771 
We do monthly and annual events including farm tours, however, currently we are operating on "by appointment only" for under 10 persons at a time. We will follow MD state guidelines and policy as the situation evolves.

How long have you been in business, and what inspired you to start your business?
We started the farm part back in 1997 and slowly began the yarn and fiber part between 2003 and 07. I was a public school art teacher and I made a career change to do my own art and craft. I feel lucky as I have been passionate about both!

What's your favorite thing about being a farmer, yarnie, or maker?
Yes - Hooray! I am a farmer, yarnie and maker! For me - to live is to create! And I love two primary aspects of what I do... I love the doing and the making and the creative part of all the yarns and the rovings, but I am a people person too. So, I also love connecting with people about their own artistic passions!

Is your shop involved in any charity or educational efforts you’d like to let people know about?
We have two: We sell Saint Mary's Scarf kits that when knitted up make a wearable "pink ribbon" to support Breast Cancer and the Cancer Society. The second one is we sell fiber angle ornaments. They support the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. In both cases proceeds are sent to the foundations.


 
For the Virtual Homespun Yarn Party, March 22, 2020, 12-5 PM:


  • Online shopping: Place orders on www.avalonspringsfarm.com/shop
  • Virtual Booth: YouTube: Avalon Springs Farm Channel
  • Discount / Special Offer: 15% off with code free shipping on all orders for $100
  • Platform(s) for the virtual HYP:  Facebook, Instagram, Ravelry











  • No comments: