Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

CompassioKnit

1. What is your website?
CompassioKnit

2. Your Ravelry username?
allisonjai

CompassionKnit


3. What do you make?
CompassioKnit is my new outlet for handspun yarns that place respect for fellow creatures and the environment at the forefront of fiber choices.

My goal is to provide spectacular yarns and other fiber art products to the conscientious crafter. This means:

- Loads of vegan / plant-based items
- Recycled and up-cycled goods
- Wools and other protein fibers from folks who view their companion animals as friends, rather than commodities. Most sources are rescue organizations, and absolutely none are kill farms or irresponsible breeders.

4. How did you get into making stuff?
My grandmother taught me to knit when I was a small child. She pitched it as a survival skill: if you can make your own clothes, you won't be cold.

CompassionKnit


5. What is your favorite thing about the local fiber community?
No egos! The local fiber community is so welcoming of all different approaches to fiber art... I love it. Creativity *plus* support?! You guys are awesome.

6. How does what you do/make influence the rest of your life, and vice versa?
As I explore different handcrafts, I find that I view everyday tasks with a more critical eye. I'm able to solve problems easier. Honestly, I think I'm getting smarter!

In turn, I tend to bring innovative approaches to my art. The question, "well, why not?" is a driving force in my work.

CompassionKnit


7. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
I live with three bunny rabbits. I say with experience that the two most sage words of wisdom are: poop happens.

No comments: