Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Sponsor: Yarns International
1. What is your website?
2. What is your Ravelry name/group?
Our Ravelry group is Yarns International.
3. Where are you located and what are your hours?
We are an online store only. Our office hours are Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
4. What kinds of things do you carry?
We carry only Shetland yarns which we import directly from the Shetland Islands. These include 2-ply jumper weight in both undyed natural colors and dyed colors; lace weight yarns, both gossamer (cobweb) and 2-ply, in five natural colors. We have a wide variety of patterns using all of our yarns.
5. How long have you been in business, and what inspired you to open a LYS?
We had a brick and mortar store in Bethesda for 12 years, from 1994 through 2006, when we went online only.
6. What's your favorite thing about having a LYS?
What we loved about our store, and what we miss most, is the community of knitters that were centered in our store. We stay in contact with many of our customers through our online business and at Sheep and Wool Festivals in Maryland and in New York. We also hold “live” events in Bethesda several times each year.