Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Friday, March 4, 2011

Shelby B's Designs

1. What is your website?
Shelby B's Designs

2. Your Ravelry username?
shelbyknits

Shelby B's Designs


3. What do you make?
I handpaint yarn in fun colorways. Most of them are inspired by the magical world of Harry Potter, so they have a lot of fun and different color combinations.

4. How did you get into making stuff?
I was looking for yarn in funky combinations, but couldn't find what I was looking for. So I started playing around with color, and couldn't stop!

Shelby B's Designs


5. What is your favorite thing about the local fiber community?
That there are so many of us and we all do things differently. We could all use the same colors and come up with something entirely different. It's a lot of fun to see!

6. How does what you do/make influence the rest of your life, and vice versa?
I'm a scientist by day, so dyeing is my outlet from being so analytical. It also helps to have a background in the lab, so I'm used to dealing with chemicals.

Shelby B's Designs


7. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
This will be my very last show. I am sorry to say that I have had to make the hard decision to stop dyeing for now on. I have 2 kids (ages 3 and 7), and they take up more time every day. I had to decide to give something up, and I don't think getting rid of the kids would be a good idea. Having the extra time will allow me to focus more on them and their extra-curricular activities. I hope to come back at some point, once they are a little older and require less hands on attention.

No comments: