Saturday, March 12, 2011
Sponsor: The Yarn Spot
1. What is your website? Email?
The Yarn Spot website
2. What is your Ravelry name/group?
The Yarn Spotters (and Victoria is The Loomist and Jill is riproaring)
3. Where are you located and what are your hours?
11406A Georgia Ave., Wheaton, MD (on the site of the former Anchor Inn)
Sunday 10 - 5
Monday 10 - 6
Tuesday 10 - 6
Wednesday 10 - 8
Thursday 10 - 8
Friday 10 - 5
Stitch Gatherings: Sundays 2-4 PM, Wed. and Thursday evenings 6-8 PM
4. What kinds of things do you carry?
We carry many standard yarns, as well as Alchemy, Schaefer Yarns, Blue Heron Yarn, Three Irish Girls, Rock Creek Yarn, and will be adding Dragonfly Fibers soon.
We also carry Kromski spinning and weaving equipment, Schacht spinning and weaving equipment as well as a good range of fiber for spinning and a small selection of cone yarns for weaving.
5. How long have you been in business, and what inspired you to open a LYS?
We have been open since November of 2009. We opened the store because of our love of yarn, fiber and craft and it seemed like the right time to embark on our next great adventure!
6. What's your favorite thing about having a LYS?
Meeting wonderful people who enjoy fiber as much as we do, working with yarn ALL DAY LONG and having flexibility in my schedule. Must attend school shows and events!