Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sirona Labs

1. What is your website?
Sironalabs.com

Sirona Science


2. What do you make?
I make instantly-absorbing natural soothing skin care products, mineral cosmetics, and
perfumes.

3. How did you get into making stuff?
I started out as a soap maker. My dad was diagnosed with aggressive thyroid cancer,
and was going to be treated with an extremely high dosage of radiation. He asked me
to make him a cream to remedy his expected radiation burns. He gave me 3 months in
which to do this. Please understand, asking a soap maker to make a healing skin cream
was much like asking a licensed driver to build you a working spacecraft. After teaching
myself the basics of lotion making, lightening struck and Sirona Original Moisturizing
Crème was created. Sirona Labs is now proud to announce the addition of Sirona Argan V,
a natural, vegetarian alternative to Sirona Original, which contains Emu oil.

4. What is your favorite thing about the local fiber community?
I love the beautiful and unique things that people create with their hands. My mom is
a knitter as were both my grandmothers. I’ve always admired their sweaters but felt so
badly for them when their hands would tire and chap. It brings me great joy when my mom
or other fiber crafters use my Moisturizing Crème to soothe their achy joints and dried
skin from overwork.

5. How does what you do/make influence the rest of your life, and vice versa?
There’s nothing like the feeling of knowing I created something that helped someone
else feel better. Whether it’s relieving aches and pains with Sirona Moisturizing Crème,
improving confidence by helping someone’s inner beauty shine through with Sirona cosmetics, or delighting the senses with my perfumes, my crafting feeds my soul in a way
no other thing ever has.

6. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
There is no failure, there are only experiences that pave your way to success.

1 comment:

gnomegarden said...

MMMMMNnnnn... My hands are VERY MUCH looking forward to your booth! xo