Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Alpacas of Maryland at Peace Hollow Farm

1. What is your website? and email?
www.alpacasofmaryland.com
alpacasofmaryland@yahoo.com

2. Your Ravelry.com username?
alpacasofmaryland

Alpacas of MD


3. Where are you located?
Westminster, MD

4. What do you make?
We make alpacas! We breed them for their ultra soft fine warm fleece and have it spun into yarn. We also have the raw fleeces available for spinning.

Alpacas of MD


5. Do you make fiber/yarn/etc. full-time?
Yes

6. How did you get into making stuff?
We started with the alpacas, then after a short lesson, I practiced spinning for two years, and after that learned knitting and crocheting. I'm still very new at both, but am finishing my first feather and fan pattern scarf.

7. How long have you been doing this?
Been raising alpacas for over five years. Spinning for two years, and knitting and crocheting for about two months.

Alpacas of MD


8. Where do you find inspiration?
The wonderful soft yarn from my own animals is so inspiring. I love the natural color, and knowing which animal I am working with is very special.. I'm also inspired by the people in this whole fiber community.. It's as though a whole new group of very kind folks have appeared in my life just when I can really appreciate them.

9. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
Sometimes the opening of a life path happens in the most subtle way. After falling in love with the farm that we eventually bought, we fell in love with alpacas. That has led us to the most wonderful experiences and life style we could imagine. I'm raising these peaceful loving animals every day and hopefully learning to create things of beauty. Life just keeps giving surprising gifts in abundance.

No comments: