Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wild Hare Fibers

1. What is your website?
wildharefiber.com
Etsy Shop

2. Your Ravelry username?
wildharefiber

Wild Hare Fibers


3. What do you make?
I spin, dye, knit, crochet, felt and weave... if it involves yarn or fiber I've probably tried it, as I love to experiment, learn new things and combine techniques. In my booth, you will find handspun art yarns and hand-dyed yarns and fibers for spinning and felting.

4. How did you get into making stuff?
My great-grandmother taught me to crochet, sew and embroider when I was pre-school age -- I've been making things my entire life. She didn't spin, but had her great-grandmother's flax wheel, and I would play with it, and dream of creating my own yarns from raw wool. I've now been spinning 20 years, focusing on art yarns in the last five.

Wild Hare Fibers


5. What is your favorite thing about the local fiber community?
I love the vitality and excitement -- there are so many new people learning and falling in love with knitting, spinning and other fiber arts. The creativity and enthusiasm is intoxicating!

6. How does what you do/make influence the rest of your life, and vice versa?
What I do and what I make and 'the rest' of my life are like warp and weft -- integrated and vital to one another. I'm a fiber artist and a mother. Having my own business gives me flexibility to be there when my children need me, sets an example of self-reliance for them, and makes me a happier person and therefore better parent. Being able to pursue my passion for fiber arts is a blessing that I am most thankful for.

Wild Hare Fibers


7. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
'Wild Hare' refers to craziness, not bunny hair. It's from an old saying based on male hare's antics to impress the females, and was used to describe someone who does something unexpected or out of character -- I chose it as my shop name to express my creative, no-rules approach to fiber arts.

No comments: