Vendors will be selected via a jury process. Being a previous vendor *does not* guarantee acceptance into future HYP events.
Applicants are applying to sell only their own handcrafted yarns and/or fibers or other crafts, not commercial products. No mass-produced items are allowed for sale (commercially spun but hand-dyed yarn is okay; fully mass-produced yarn is not). Preference will be given to local vendors.
• Your completed application and photos must be submitted by January 21st to be considered for the show. To submit an application, follow the link at the bottom of this post to fill out the form and attach three print quality (each no larger than 1MB) photos that clearly show your product. Please note that if you are accepted as a vendor, your answers and photos may be used in blog posts and advertising for the event.
• Applicants will be notified via email by January 28th regarding their vendor status. If accepted, information on the event and instructions on sending payment for the vendor fee will be emailed.
• Tables for the Homespun Yarn Party will cost $100, to be paid upon acceptance. If payment is not received by February 8th, the vendor space will be forfeited, and will go to a vendor on the waiting list.
• Vendor spaces are 6 foot by 6 foot--we will be enforcing these limits so all of our vendors have enough space, customers have enough room, and fire exits are clear. Any vendor who fails to comply with committee requests to stay within his/her allotted space will be considered in breach of contract and will not be invited back to future events.
• Each vendor space includes two chairs. If you require a table, please note that in the appropriate section on the application. We will not have extra tables on the day of the event, and we do not provide table linens. Please let us know about your preferences for location, electricity access, etc. in the application - we will do our best to fit you into a spot that meets your needs.
• Each year, the yarn party has door prizes for attendees, which we collect from all vendors. We feel this helps us spotlight your table and your wonderful wares, and gets attendees excited about your products. We expect all accepted applicants to help with this effort by donating a prize (such as a yarn skein, fiber, a soap, etc.).
• If you want to share one 6ft by 6ft space with another vendor, please have each person submit an application and photos and note that you plan to share a space in your application.
Please email us with questions! To submit an application, fill out the form by following the link below and attach three photos of your work. Unfortunately, late applications cannot be included.
Note that any vendors not selected in the jury process will be placed on a waiting list and will be notified as soon as possible should a space open up. We strive to include as many vendors as possible each year while providing a variety of unique, high quality products, showcasing regional artists.
2019 Vendor Application is here!
Vendor Information and Regulations:
Set-up and Break-down: Vendors can begin setting up their spaces at 9:30 am, and all vendors must be set up by no later than 11:30 am. Break-down is 5-6pm. Vendors may temporarily park in the loading zone to unload/load merchandise, but we ask that you move your vehicle as soon as possible. Vendors may not break down their spaces before the end of the event. Vendors are required to make sure their spaces are clean after breakdown--this includes cleaning up zip ties and trash.
Event Hours: The Homespun Yarn Party hours are 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Vendors may not leave prior to the end of the event; if they do so they are considered in breach of contract and will not be invited back to future events.
Vendor spaces: Vendor spaces are 6 foot by 6 foot. Any vendor who fails to comply with committee requests to stay within his/her allotted space will be considered in breach of contract and will not be invited back to future events.
Participation: The Homespun Yarn Party reserves the right to order the removal of any vendor, and their merchandise, who violates the contract or whose merchandise for sale is not that which was represented by this application, with no refund to vendor. The Homespun Yarn Party will not be liable for any monies or damages incurred by exercising this right.
Cancellations: Vendor’s cancellation notification must be received in writing via email and acknowledged by the Homespun Yarn Party committee by February 15 of the current year to receive reimbursement.
Security: Vendors are responsible for securing their own property during set-up and break-down. Neither the Homespun Yarn Party, the Historic Savage Mill facility, nor any officer, employee, agent, or volunteer thereof will be responsible for the safety of the property or the vendor from any cause. If desired, vendor should obtain, at their own expense, appropriate insurance to cover against said losses.
Insurance Coverage and Liability: Neither the Homespun Yarn Party, the Historic Savage Mill facility, nor any officer, employee, agent, or volunteer thereof will be responsible or liable for accidents to any vendor while on the premises or in case of fire, theft, or damage to any vendor’s equipment on the premises. Vendors must provide their own insurance coverage to protect themselves, their equipment, and to cover damages that may be inflicted to the building and/or property of Historic Savage Mill.
Indemnification: The Vendor agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Homespun Yarn Party, the Historic Savage Mill facility, and their officers, employees, agents and volunteers, from and against any and all damages to property or injuries to or death of any person or persons, including attorneys’ fees; and shall defend, indemnify, save and hold harmless the Homespun Yarn Party, its officers, employees, agents and volunteers, from any and all claims, demands, suits, actions or proceedings of any kind or nature including but not by way of limitation, all civil claims, workers’ compensation claims, and all other claims resulting from or arising out of the intentional or negligent acts, errors or omissions of the Vendor, its officers, employees, agents, in any way related to Vendors duties and obligations under this Agreement and/or its use of a booth at the Homespun Yarn Party. All points not covered herein are subject to the decision of the Homespun Yarn Party Committee.