Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Sunday, March 1, 2020

2020: Flying Goat Farm

Flying Goat Farm

I dye commercial roving and yarn as well as design and manufacture farm yarns from our sheep and goats. I have products that will appeal to knitters, crocheters, felters and spinners.

Flying Goat Farm

Website: flyinggoatfarm.com/
Instagram: @flyinggoatfarm
Facebook: Flying Goat Farm
Ravelry: Flying Goat Farm Yarn Page

Flying Goat Farm

Do you have a brick & mortar location people can visit?
We offer on farm shopping by appointment. You can shoot us an email to set one up. We are also open at least one Sunday a month, check our website for the day and times. We are located on the Eastern side of Frederick.

What shops carry your products?
We have had yarn at Lovely Yarn, Yarnability, Black Sheep Yarn Shop and Knit Locally

How long have you been in business, and what inspired you to start your business?
I have been in business for 13 years. When we moved to Maryland, I decided that I wanted a farm so that I could raise animals with fleeces to spin, knit and weave with. It has grown a lot since then so that I have enough yummy fiber for myself and for you too!

What's your favorite thing about being a farmer and yarnie?
I love to dye! I do it just about every day. It is so much fun to see how colors interact with each other. It is something that delights me. My animals give us stability and some laughs as well. Our farm is a little bit of paradise in Frederick County.

Is your shop involved in any charity or educational efforts you’d like to let people know about?
I offer classes in various dye techniques throughout the year. We also host teachers for needle felting and other fun crafty things for people to make.


For the Virtual Homespun Yarn Party, March 22, 2020, 12-5 PM:

No comments: