Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Shelby B's Designs

1. What is your website?
shelbysyarns.com

2. Your Ravelry username?
shelbyknits

shelby3

3. What do you make?
Hand painted yarn and stitch markers.

4. How did you get into making stuff?
I started beading in grad school, and got back into it after I started knitting and wanted some fun stitch markers. I made too many, so selling them was the next best thing. Then I had a hard time finding really funky color combinations in yarn, so I started playing with Kool Aid and Wiltons colors. Then got into acid dyes and have been hooked ever since!

shelby1

5. What is your favorite thing about the local fiber community?
Everyone is so supportive of each other!

6. How does what you do/make influence the rest of your life, and vice
versa?

Dyeing for me is an outlet from my every day life. I am mom of 2 and a scientist, so my life is very analytical. I take my time dyeing and just let go of that completely.

shelby2

7. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
I just have a lot of fun with it! I take my inspiration from the magical world of Harry Potter, which is fun and different.

No comments: