Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Friday, March 12, 2010

Wullenstudio Designer Yarns

1. What is your website?
www.knitswithsticks.com

2. Your Ravelry username?
SheilaR

wullen1

3. What do you make?
Hand dyed yarns and Sterling Silver and Semi-Precious Stone Stitch Markers

4. How did you get into making stuff?
Started hand dying to satisfy my needs and then to satisfy others requests. Started making stitch markers because I couldn't find any that met my requirements.

5. What is your favorite thing about the local fiber community?
Friendships and the vast array of talent out there!

wullen2

6. How does what you do/make influence the rest of your life, and vice versa?
This is not only my full-time job, but it is also my passion. I have kept my studio in my home because I work any time day or night when the muse strikes! Sometimes dinner is late or take out, because I dye in my kitchen and I am a very strict about not having dyes and food on the counter at the same time. Also, I name my yarn colors after old songs, so there is always music playing. I knit, therefore, I rock.

7. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
Always knit the second sock first...that is the only way to absolutely prevent second sock syndrome!

My husband really buys into my business. First of all, he is sure that yarn can only be bought in bales. Also, whenever I buy a another set of needles, he says, "Oh good, more needles, we were almost out!" He is not a knitter, but high appreciates the fruits of my labors. We've been together forty years, and the yarn and needles were here long before I found him!

wullen3

No comments: