Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Gnomegarden Yarn & Fiber

1. What is your website?
dawndoran.com
dawndoran.com/blog
gnomegarden.etsy.com

2. Your Ravelry username?
gnomegarden

gnomegarden1

3. What do you make?
Hand dyed and spun yarn, hand dyed spinning fiber, custom blended batts and rovings

4. How did you get into making stuff?
I think I finger knitted my umbilical cord. :) I was was raised by some very crafty ladies, and blessed with crafty sisters. My grandmother was a craft goddess and got us headed in the right direction. I remember going to out babysitters for the day and packing my embroidery, and crochet, and sewing, etc... I was always afraid I'd run out of crafts.

gnomegarden2

5. What is your favorite thing about the local fiber community?
My favorite thing about the local fiber community is the Homespun Yarn Party. No kidding. I remember leaving last year with the best case of "warm fuzzies" (pun intended!). It was so fun to chat with fiber people all day and meet folks from the internet whom I had never, see people laughing and learning at the classes, and just to be around so much creative fiber energy. It is so much more intimate than MD Sheep & Wool and there is a definite spirit of friendly community in the air.

6. How does what you do/make influence the rest of your life, and vice versa?
Spinning is surely a creative meditation practice. If you don't know how to do it, come to the Yarn Party and learn!! If you want to read about my fall into the world of fiber and spinning, here is a link to a Spinterview with Spin In Public. See you on Sunday!

gnomegarden3

No comments: