Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Friday, March 12, 2010

Farmgirl Chic

1. What is your website?
farmgirlchic.etsy.com
stores.ebay.com/Farmgirl-Chic
farmgirlchic.blogspot.com

2. Your Ravelry username?
FarmgirlChic

farmgirl4

3. What do you make?
Maybe it should be what don't I...LOL raw and washed fleeces, hand dyed locks, hand dyed roving, art batts, handspun yarn, recycled upcycled hand dyed yarn, vintage and new yarny fabric accessories

4. How did you get into making stuff?
I have been a textile artist for many years...had an antiques shop in Baltimore (Hampden) 93-01 and had a textile studio in the shop where I sewed home accessories and handbags from vintage an newer fabric...literally sold the shop...and bought the farm in Southeastern PA! All the while still sewing and selling on ebay until the angora goats and then the sheep started calling to me..LOL..learned to spin and now we have 40+ at any given time fiber animals and I am loving being a farmer and still being able to be creative especially with the fiber from my girls!

5. What is your favorite thing about the local fiber community?
That everyone has been so welcoming and helpful!

farmgirl3

6. How does what you do/make influence the rest of your life, and vice versa?
Well I Iive and breathe fiber! From bottle babies to chores to having a studio in our farmhouse with "insulation" everywhere (fleeces). My kids 4-22 help with the animals, skirting fleeces etc! My husband, God love him will even help. They (the fiber and animals) are part of our life and I don't think we would change it or go back to the "city" for anything!

7. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
You need a sense of humor! Lots of hard work but lots of rewards! My kids go to school and say they live on a fiber farm! Not many kids can say that!

farmgirl1

No comments: