Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Friday, March 12, 2010

Neighborhood Fiber Co.

1. What is your website?
neighborhoodfiberco.com

2. Your Ravelry username?
karida

nfc3

3. What do you make?
Hand-dyed yarns and fiber in unique colors inspired by my hometown, Washington, DC.

4. How did you get into making stuff?
My best friend taught me to knit after college, and I pretty much haven't stopped since then. It opened up a whole world of craft for me that I didn't know existed.

5. What is your favorite thing about the local fiber community?
I miss the DC/MD/VA fiber community so much since I moved to Ohio! I love the diversity of talent and interests in the area. It's such a large community that it's easy to find your niche.

nfc1

6. How does what you do/make influence the rest of your life, and vice versa?
My interest in DIY and crafting has helped to make me a more conscientious consumer I think. If I can't make something myself (or don't want to do it), I always try to buy handmade and/or locally produced goods. I'm much more aware of small businesses. Also, the community of awesome crafty folks that I've met help to make me feel confident about trying new crafts. With a little help from my friends, I feel like I can make anything!

7. Any funny stories, words of wisdom, something else to share about you or your business?
When knitting hand-dyed yarn, alternate skeins of yarn (every other row) for consistent color throughout your project. You'll thank me later.

nfc2

No comments: