Homespun Yarn Party

Join us on March 27 and 28, 2021 in your living room, via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

Featured Post

Monday, March 9, 2020

2020: When Nerds Collide (new vendor!)

When Nerds Collide

I make tools and accessories for fiber artists. My primary product is 3D printed yarn bowls in various sizes and patterns, all my own designs. I also make project tags and stitch markers from wood and acrylic, simple but with a touch of humor. Utility, beauty, and humor. Nerds rule!

When Nerds Collide

Facebook: When Nerds Collide MD
Instagram: @when_nerds_collide_md

When Nerds Collide

How long have you been in business, and what inspired you to start your business?
I've been selling 3D printed yarn bowls to friends and knitting group members for about a year now. The idea came to me one day and, when I couldn't find anybody selling original designs, I developed a couple of designs and started printing them.

What's your favorite thing about being a maker?
I just love creating new things and new solutions to problems.

Is your shop involved in any charity or educational efforts you’d like to let people know about?
Not directly at this time, though I have created items for the BARCS Franky Fund auctions for the past several years.



For the Virtual Homespun Yarn Party, March 22, 2020, 12-5 PM:


  • Online shopping: I plan to display my wares on my When Nerds Collide MD Facebook page. People can message me via the page and I'll send them a PayPal invoice.
  • Virtual Booth: Flickr: 2020 When Nerds Collide
  • Discount / Special Offer: n/a
  • Platform(s) for the virtual HYP:  Facebook, Instagram

No comments: